Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
**The final location of this role has not been determined, but it will be located in Washington,DC , Philadelphia,PA or Wilmington,DE**
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Leader of Total Rewards is responsible for overseeing the performance and operation of Amtrak’s benefits and compensation programs which are vital components of Amtrak’s Total Rewards strategy. This position will ensure that the company’s programs provide appropriate motivation, incentives and rewards to enhance individual and corporate performance and attract, motivate and retain key talent.
Total Rewards and Strategy:
- Develops and oversees implementation of Amtrak’s Total Rewards Strategy, ensuring alignment with corporate values and culture and budgetary responsibilities.
- Influence and guide HR and Amtrak leadership and Executives through program and policy changes.
- Ensures cohesiveness within Total Rewards to create a unified function for employees, the business and candidates.
- Hires, mentors, develops and oversees activities of the Total Rewards team to ensure a high-performing team and succession capabilities.
- Evaluates processes and recommends process improvements to ensure efficiencies and cost containment.
- Stays abreast of updates and new legislation; assesses impact on plans and advises management accordingly.
- Partners with Labor Relations and has an important role in negotiations for agreement employee benefits programs.
- Works closely with Labor Relations to ensure benefit provisions in labor contracts are administered correctly.
- Works closely with Procurement Department in solicitation process which includes developing RFPs, evaluating proposals from vendors, and implementing new vendors when necessary.
- Manages the Total Rewards communication strategy and ensures effective implementation.
- Manages or oversees vendors to ensure all services described in the contracts are provided in full, service delivery levels are exceeded, and vendor expertise is leveraged.
- Oversees benchmarking of Total Rewards programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Finance or equivalent and a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Total Rewards, to include, but not limited to: Health and Wellness, defined benefits and defined contributions plans and compensation, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience with executive compensation programs.
- Escalating responsibilities for development and implementation of strategic plan designs.
- Knowledgeable of and adept at interpreting ERISA and HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Experienced at employing health care cost containment strategies; understands utilization and plan analysis methodologies.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to adapt and work effectively in a frequently changing environment.
- Able to build meaningful partnerships within Human Resources and the business.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Results oriented; flexible; organized and disciplined.
- Ability to manage conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
- Self-motivated, take charge and driven attitude; demonstrated “can do” attitude.
- Experience in compensation consulting, communication strategy, vendor negotiation, compensation plan design, and knowledge of current compensation trends.
- Ability to lead a high performing team and effectively work with senior leadership.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel (including expertise with spreadsheets), and Access. Expertise with SAP or similar HRIS application.
- CEBS, CBP
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Posting Location(s):Delaware; District of Columbia; Maryland; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate