Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The purpose of this position is to work within the Track Maintenance & Compliance group to support the oversight of System Track projects. This position will assume a training role in which the employee will shadow and assist existing employees with daily tasks in order to maintain a seamless transition of knowledge.
• Assist in conducting system track audits of all Amtrak right of way track assets for the Deputy Chief Engineer – Track.
• Conduct site visits for System Drainage, Embankment, and Rock Stability projects.
• Assist with design of these features and perform quality analysis.
• Conduct site visits for Annual Roadway Tree Cutting & Vegetation Control Programs.
• Assist with planning and execution of these contracts and perform quality analysis.
• Provide technical support for all Amtrak Divisions for track inspection content, application, frequency, maintenance practices, policies, and standards.
• Assist in analyzing geometry conditions such as derailments, track buckling, process and quality assessments and material failures.
• Provide support for rail friction management, internal rail flaw detection, rail grinding, ballast ditching and cleaning, rail vacuum operations and other System Track functions.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
• FE Certification
• Demonstrated railroad experience
• RWP, AMT2, NORAC, MW1000
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior work experience in design, maintenance, or construction.
• Previous construction or railroad industry experience.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering