Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Project Business Analyst is responsible for development of business and technical requirements for moderate complexity projects or a mid-size component of a larger project or program. Individuals in this role use technical knowledge and related experience to work with business and technical experts to identify and document requirements, processes and specifications needed to complete project deliverables with focus on effective use of people, tools and technology. Individuals in this role work under moderate supervision of senior level Program Manager or PMO Leader. The role requires regular reporting of status, risks, and documentation of issues as they arise, leveraging prescribed project parameters and enterprise tools.
• Supports the project intake process through the governance process by defining and documenting business and technical needs, deriving requirements, specifications and user stories.
• Conducts requirements meetings, and documents issues, and risks that may be discovered through project planning process
• Performs analysis of collected information to identify patterns and develop potential solution options in collaboration with designers, architects, engineers, project managers and sponsors.
• Produces reports and distributes information as directed by the Program Manager or Controls team
• Documents business processes by using process mapping tools, and identifies potential gaps
• Manages document version controls and uses technology tools such as SharePoint to distribute documents and communicate to the project teams
• Adheres to Amtrak Enterprise Project Management methodology.
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
• Experienced SharePoint User
• Minimum of two years of practitioner experience with focus on business analysis and Associate Degree, or any equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
• Must have work authorization in the United States.
• Bachelor's degree
• PMP or CBAP certification
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering